Followers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

A few tricks up the sleeve.

It messes with your mind! Trying to follow along and see what the magician is doing to leave your brain miles away from where he is can be annoying....really annoying. Specially for he analytical type who know that there is always a logical answer for those things. I'm now here in Colorado Springs sitting in my buddy's basement eating jelly beans trying to convince myself that a trip to the gym would be in my best interest. Nigel Ruiz is a character, never sure what he's gonna say next...could be poetic (rare) could be awkward (not so rare) or it could be super encouraging and just what you needed to hear (this happens allot). Nigel is actually quite good at card tricks so...yesterday we took off to Manitou springs to see if the tourists there would like to be wowed be his talents.



Its amazing what you can do with a little practice. Not to long ago he couldn't even do the "52 card pickup trick" right...now he can turn 2 aces into 4 aces or make the card in your hand turn into a different card...even make them disappear. We ended up finding that the best reactions came from the teenage girls with extra highlights. Could have been that they thought it really was magic but....can't say for sure. Besides easily entertained tourists, Manatou Springs has several wells that flow...listen carefully....soda water. I was a little skeptical going into this so I waited for couple of young boys with squeaky voices to step up and try it before me. Had my camera been on I would have totally captured those tortured faces.

Now...We all have moments of stupidity and yesterday one slapped me right in the face. After seeing this unfold i decided that it would be super lame of me to have been to Manitou Springs and not have at least tried the soda water. I bravely grabbed one of those cone cups you find at the golf course, filled it up and shot it down the old pipe.

If a homeless guy had stuck his foot in that well, shook it around and thrown a few pounds of rotting beef in there it may have been drinkable....this stuff......my day was ruined. Never will I ever advise someone to stop there and drink of the fountains of poo water....carbonated poo water at that.

All in all though it was a good day with lots of card tricks, the purchase of a hacky sack, and a new found distaste for the natural things of Manitou Springs.




                      

                         
Photo credit - Nigel Ruiz

Peace out =)



 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I was not expecting description of Manitou's "soda water".

    ReplyDelete